Results Driven Defense.
Criminal defense is all we do. And we do it very well.
St. Louis Criminal Justice Attorney
If you have been charged with a crime or you are being investigated for one, you need an experienced and capable St. Louis criminal defense lawyer from a reputable law firm to defend your rights. We understand criminal law and that facing a criminal charge or being investigated by the police is one of the most stressful experiences imaginable. Whether you’re facing a serious felony charge or a low-level misdemeanor, it's always a serious matter when your reputation is at stake.
At The Law Offices of Brian J. Cooke, LLC, we treat your criminal case as if it was our own. We’re not interested in taking the prosecutor’s first offer. We don’t pressure our clients into plea deals. We explore every possible defense with the goal of getting your case dismissed. We prepare each case as if it is going to trial.
We offer a free consultation. If you are facing charges, please do not hesitate to contact St. Louis Attorney Brian Cooke today at 314-526-3779.
Attorney Brian J. Cooke has successfully represented individuals facing a variety of criminal charges. Whether you are a first-time offender or have a significant criminal history, we fight each case with everything we have. If you or a loved one is facing a criminal charge such as assault or drunk driving, please don’t hesitate to contact our St. Louis Criminal Defense Attorneys today at 314-250-9894.
Latest Case Results
Driver’s Licensed Saved Despite .19 BAC
Client was arrested for DWI after allegedly failing all field sobriety tests, vomiting, and admitting to drinking. At the department of revenue hearing, we were able to show that the…
Felony Domestic Assault Dismissed after Deposition
A St. Louis man was charged with Domestic Assault Third Degree after allegedly choking his girlfriend during an argument. At the deposition were able to show that the complaining witness…
Robbery 1st Degree, Armed Criminal Action Charges Reduced. Distribution charge Dismissed.
A Franklin County man was charged with Robbery in the First Degree and Armed Criminal Action for allegedly robbing a drug dealer at gunpoint. He was also charged with Distribution…
Mental Health Defense Results in Dismissal of Domestic Assault 1st, Armed Criminal Action Charges
Client was charged with Domestic Assault in the 1st Degree and Armed Criminal Action after allegedly attacking his wife with a knife. We consulted with a psychiatric expert and were…
No Probable Cause for Felony Stealing
Client was charged with stealing over $750 for allegedly stealing numerous items from her employer. At the preliminary hearing, Attorney Brian Cooke forced the detective to admit he couldn’t recall…
Tampering 1st Degree Dismissed
A Jefferson County man was charged with Tampering 1st Degree after allegedly driving a stolen motor vehicle. We presented evidence to the prosecutor that our client was at work, that…
“I couldn’t be happier with the amazing job Brian did in my case. I was charged w 1st degree robbery and Armed Criminal Action and had a $50,000 cash only bond. After hiring Brian he got me bond reduction to $25,000 w 10%. Making it possible for me to post bond. After alot of hard work he got the prosecutor to agree to 5 years SIS probation. He was able to turn a possible 15 years in prison to 5 years paper and made it possible for me to stay with family and continue my life. Without Brian’s hard work and diligence I wouldn’t be where I am today.”
“Brian Cooke is an excellent attorney that truly cares about his client. His efforts resulted in a complete dismissal in one case and the best possible scenario in another for me. He will use every tool in his arsenal, including fellow attorneys and good relationships with judges, to make sure his client has his/her best chance in court. He is up front with his client about their options and is relentless in his efforts for you. I highly recommend that anyone in Stl or Stl County contact Brian Cooke for their particular case. 5+ Stars.”
“I came across numerous of lawyers, and by far Brian has been one of the best, not only did he help me with my case but he has also been there for me mentally, whatever question i asked he answered, if i became nervous he encouraged me and simply reassured me there where to be no worries. He goes above and beyond to help his clients, if there’s a solution he’s going to try every one possible, he’s been my lawyer for a year now and with every call no matter what time Brian was there. I’m so thankful to of had a lawyer as Brian, he’s highly recommended. Thank you Brian for helping and sticking by me, i really appreciate it.”
“I called Brian about a court date I had coming up and he took over after I gave him the information he needed …and the the next time he called back ..he had the case dismissed….he was very fast and professional thru the whole process and kept me up to date with what was going on with the case ……needless to say I would highly recommend Brian …and I would use his services again any time I need it”
“I am happy for the way he handled my case, he was available to answer my questions and if he wasn’t available he returned my messages promptly. The outcome of my case was better than I was expecting.”
“Brian was extremely professional and understanding when learning of my legal troubles. He was prompt in returning my calls/emails and never made me feel rushed. I would highly recommend Brian for any legal help or information.”
“Brian is a very thorough professional attorney. He is very knowledgeable and confident in the courtroom. He won my case! I highly recommend him!
“After years of harrassment from the Missouri court system Brian helped me achieve a victory. Brian and I took them to court and he was able to help me get my drivers license reinstated after a five year absence. I’ve been a college student employed full time and for the first time in five years I don’t have to commute via the public transit schedule. Thank you Brian Cooke.”
Meet Brian Cooke
Brian Cooke is a criminal defense lawyer based in St. Louis, Missouri. 100 percent of his practice is dedicated to defending individuals facing criminal charges. Brian, as a top defense lawyer, has represented individuals facing just about every criminal defense case–from misdemeanors to murder. In addition to practicing in trial courts across Missouri, Brian has argued many criminal offense cases and assault cases in Missouri’s Eastern District Court of Appeals and the Missouri Supreme Court. Brian has been named a “Rising Star” by Superlawyers Magazine, was awarded “10 Best in Client Satisfaction” for DWI cases in Missouri, and the Client’s Choice award by Avvo.com…. Read More
Missouri Criminal Defense Overview
No one expects criminal charges, and when they come you have to put on a brave face and find a criminal lawyer. One of the most stressful aspects is often not understanding Missouri’s criminal case process. After being arrested and hauled into court, it may feel as if you’ve already been convicted. However, no case is “open and shut”. Missouri's criminal justice system and criminal laws are complex and it is imperative to have a good criminal defense lawyer on your side. Below is an overview of the criminal process in Missouri.
- Investigations, Interrogations, and Arrests: If the police are investigating you for a criminal offense, it is in your best interest to get a criminal attorney involved. Oftentimes, legal representation can speak directly with the investigating officer in order to stop further harassment from the police.
- Posting Bond: If the State has filed charges against you, a summons or a warrant with a bond will be issued. If you can’t afford your bond, we can file a motion for bond reduction to make your bond more affordable.
- Preliminary Hearings and Grand Juries: In Missouri, all felony cases require a judge or grand jury to make a finding of probable cause before the case can proceed further. Preliminary hearings can be a crucial stage in a felony case because it gives the attorney an opportunity to cross-examine the State’s witnesses prior to a jury trial.
- Pre-Trial Motions: In many cases, there may be legal issues with the state’s case that need to be taken up before trial. For instance, if the police illegally searched you, a criminal attorney from a reputable law office can file a motion to suppress the illegally obtained evidence. Oftentimes, this can result in the state being forced to dismiss the case.
- Plea Bargaining: If you decide that it’s in your best interest to work out a deal rather than to take your chances at trial, we can fight to ensure you receive the best deal possible. An attorney can use your personal history, weaknesses in the State’s case, and your conduct since being charged to persuade the prosecutor or judge to agree to a lower sentence.
- Trial: If you decide to proceed to trial, the State will have the burden of proving your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury. Prior to trial, we conduct an extensive investigation into all aspects of the case. Oftentimes, what may seem to be a minor mistake by law enforcement can be used to create reasonable doubt.
- Probation Revocations: If you received probation, you will be placed under the supervision of a probation officer. The court and your probation officer can impose conditions on your probation. If you fail to meet, these conditions the court can violate your probation. However, in many cases, there may be legitimate reasons why you were not able to comply with the conditions of probations. An experienced attorney, can help paint a fuller picture of your situation in order to help you avoid revocation.