If you or a loved one are facing criminal charges in Missouri, you need an aggressive and experienced criminal defense attorney to protect your rights. At the Cooke Law Firm, we’ve handled just about every type of case imaginable. If you don’t see what you’re looking for below, contact us — this is just a brief overview of the types of Missouri criminal charges we handle.
- Drug Charges: In Missouri, drug offenses can carry serious consequences including substantial jail time, fines, a criminal conviction, and permanent ineligibility for federal student loans. We have extensive experience fighting drug charges–from misdemeanor possession to serious felony trafficking cases.
- DWI/DUI: DWI penalties in Missouri are especially severe. Even a first offense can result in jail time and the loss of your license. We have a proven track record of successfully defending tough Missouri DWI cases. Find out what defenses you may have to your DWI and how our attorneys can help.
- Assault and Domestic Assault: Assault and domestic assault charges are often blown out of proportion. In these cases, there are always to sides to the story. Our experienced attorneys will make sure that your side is heard in court. Learn more about assault and domestic assault charges, as well as Missouri’s self-defense law.
- Stealing, Burglary, and Robbery Offenses: In Missouri, penalties for stealing related offenses are based on the type of property stolen, it’s value, and the manner in which it was taken. Furthermore, Missouri law provides for increased penalties if you have prior convictions for stealing. Find out how an attorney can fight your stealing case.
- Fraud Charges: A conviction for a fraud charge can have life-lasting consequences. You could lose your ability to gain employment, professional licensure, and other important opportunities. Learn more about Missouri fraud charges and how we can fight to keep your record clean.
- Weapons Offenses: Because of St. Louis’ high violent crime rate, gun charges are taken very seriously in Missouri. If you have a felony conviction, possessing a firearm can result in both state and federal charges. Learn more about Missouri gun charges.
- Sex Offenses: In Missouri, sex offense can result in substantial prison terms and the life-long stigma of registering as a sex offender. Most sex offenses cases center on the credibility of the accuser. Learn more about Missouri sexual offenses and defenses against sex charges.
- Murder and Manslaughter: Murder and Manslaughter cases are always complex and require a thorough investigation. Unfortunately, St. Louis police have a reputation for sloppy investigations. Learn more about murder first degree, second degree, and manslaughter charges.
- Stalking and Harassment Charges: Under Missouri law, Stalking and harassment charges can result in serious consequences. We have successfully defended individuals facing Aggravated Stalking and Harassment charges, as well as Restraining Orders. Learn more about stalking charges and what defenses you may have.